Saturday, July 28, 2007

Noah & the Rhino




Noah & the Rhinoceros

Noah doesn't like the way the Rhinos are throwing their weight around and constantly upstaging him.

Mick Reasor

Gouache on Rives BFK, 3.5 x 2.5 inches.

A number of my loyal fans (One is a number) have asked, "Mick we like that Noah stuff, but could you just leave him out every once in a while?"

I'm nothing if not responsive to my public so here I present Noah and the Rhino without Noah.

It has also been asked, "If this is supposed to be some kind of Noah and the Ark series why is there only one animal in the painting? Shouldn't they be two by two?"

Hey, YOU try to fit two rhinos in a trading card sized painting. The current approach also has the obvious benefit of allowing me to paint such subjects as Noah and the Other Armadillo, should I choose such a mercenary course.

Enlarged.

No comments: